Perfect for Thanksgiving and beyond, this Slow Cooker Bone-In Turkey Breast recipe will become your new favorite way to roast your holiday dinner entrée. It’s an easy and hands-off way to cook a smaller turkey to juiciness that’s infused with outrageous flavor.
- 9 pound bone in turkey breast, thawed
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 4 carrots
- 4 celery stalks
- Spring or two of fresh sage (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Kinders buttery steakhouse seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Gather all of the ingredients.
- In the bottom of your slow cooker place your onion, carrots, and celery.
- Place your turkey breast on top of the vegetables.
- In a bowl melt your butter.
- Add all the seasonings to it and whisk to combine.
- Pour the butter mixture over the turkey breast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 165.
- Remove the turkey from the slow cooker and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and serve!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- If you cannot find Kinders Buttery Steakhouse you can use your favorite all-purpose seasoning.
- You can save the drippings in the slow cooker to make gravy.
- You can add other vegetables to the slow cooker to add flavor to the turkey, garlic or lemon, or different fresh herbs.
- If you like crispy skin, after you remove the turkey from the slow cooker you can place it on a baking sheet and briefly broil it to crisp and brown the skin.