This smothered chicken recipe is made with juicy fried chicken breasts tossed in a flavorful gravy with crispy bacon.
2lbs Chicken wings 2 T Butter 2 T Wheat Flour 6 C Chicken broth 1 tsp Bouillon cube 2 tsp Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Onion Powder, Celery Salt 1 T Canola oil Optional (1/2 C Mushrooms, Chopped Celery, and onions)
1. Season chicken with 1 tsp of seasonings. Toss to coat.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat add oil. Brown chicken on all sides for about 6-8 mins. Set aside.
3. In the same skillet, deglaze the pan by scraping bits from the bottom. Add butter and flour to make the roux. Whisk until caramel-colored about 4-6 mins. (If using celery and onions, add them here and cook for 1 additional minute)
4. Add broth and remaining seasonings. Whisk once more until gravy is slightly thickened. Add 1/3 C water to thin if gravy is too thick.
5. Add chicken back to the pan, lower heat to medium-low. Cover and let simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.