Sometimes I am in the mood for homemade chicken noodle soup, but I simply don’t always have the time to make it. However, you really can have homemade chicken noodle soup recipe in 20 minutes or less.
All you need is the chicken already cooked. Now you can just shred up a rotisserie chicken or you can make your own.
This easy homemade chicken noodle soup recipe can be made in 20 minutes when you are wanting a soup but without all the extra work. I think your family will love it.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 4 whole carrots chopped
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 cup Egg noodles
- 2 cup water
How To Make Chicken Noodle Soup
- In a stock post drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook the carrots/celery/onion mixture for 5-8 minutes until beginning to become soft.
- Add chicken broth, water, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Allow the vegetables to continue to cook and the chicken to heat threw.
- Add pasta and cook on medium-high for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Serve with your favorite rolls, like our Homemade Hawaiian rolls.