Garlic, Parmesan, mozzarella and provolone on buttered bread is the BEST combination we’ve found for semi-homemade Texas Toast With Cheese.
My family craves this semi-homemade Texas Cheese Toast that is so easy to make and tastes great with pasta meals or a nice piece of meat.
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 6 slices provolone
- 6 slices Texas toast or other thick slice of bread
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley optional garnish
How To Make TEXAS TOAST WITH CHEESE
- Lightly toasting bread before applying seasonings is optional. Toasting makes bread more crunchy, skipping this step will keep bread more soft.
- Melt butter and stir in Parmesan, oregano and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Arrange bread in air fryer basket or on a baking sheet in a flat, single layer. Spread mixture evenly over slices of bread.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over toast. Add a slice of provolone to each slice of toast.
- Place in Air Fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes or bake in a convection oven at 375°F for 6 – 7 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve.
- Day-old bread off of the discount rack works great for this recipe and helps save money
- Garlic toast reheats well in the toaster oven in just a couple minutes
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.