Strawberry Tiramisu is a delightful twist on the classic Italian dessert. It’s perfect for summer, when strawberries are in season. Here’s a simple recipe to create a luscious Strawberry Tiramisu:
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for strawberries)
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for cream mixture)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 package of ladyfingers (around 24 pieces)
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam (optional, for extra flavor)
- 1/4 cup water or strawberry juice
- Cocoa powder or grated chocolate, for garnish (optional
- Strawberry Preparation: In a bowl, combine the sliced strawberries with 1/4 cup of sugar. Mix well and let it sit for about 30 minutes. This process will draw out the natural juices from the strawberries.
- Cream Mixture: In a large bowl, mix the mascarpone cheese until smooth. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream, 1/4 cup of sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone cheese, being careful not to deflate the cream.
- Strawberry Syrup: If using strawberry jam, in a small saucepan, warm up the jam with water or strawberry juice until you get a syrup consistency. If you’re not using jam, simply use the juice from the macerated strawberries.
- Assembly: a. Quickly dip each ladyfinger into the strawberry syrup (or the juice from the macerated strawberries). Make sure you don’t soak them for too long or they’ll become too soggy. b. Lay a layer of the dipped ladyfingers at the bottom of a serving dish. c. Spread half of the cream mixture over the ladyfingers. d. Add a layer of half of the macerated strawberries on top. e. Repeat with another layer of dipped ladyfingers, followed by the cream mixture, and then the strawberries.
- Chill: Refrigerate the tiramisu for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. This will allow the flavors to meld and the dessert to set.
- Serve: Before serving, you can sprinkle the top with cocoa powder or grated chocolate for garnish, if desired.
Enjoy your Strawberry Tiramisu! It’s a refreshing dessert that’s perfect for warmer days or whenever you’re in the mood for a fruity twist on a classic dessert.