Today I am sharing a quick and easy cube steak recipe for the slow cooker – a delicious meal to pop in the cooker when you are looking for some down home comfort food and are pressed for time. Slow Cooker Cube Steak & Gravy! Easy to adapt, a meal the whole family will love.
Crock Pot Cube Steak with Gravy is one of my favorite comfort foods. I love cube steak but all that work involved when you are making country fried steak is way too much trouble and time I don’t have.
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 6 (about 4 oz. each) beef cube steaks (I usually buy the family pack of cube steak, and cut them in half if the slices are really big-I don’t pay attention to the weight of the package, there’s always plenty of gravy)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 c. water, divided
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix (I use the reduced sodium brown gravy mix)
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1 envelope onion gravy mix
- Hot mashed potatoes, cooked rice or cooked noodles
How To Make SLOW COOKER CUBE STEAKS WITH GRAVY
Spray the inside of a 3-5 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place the sliced onions in the slow cooker.
Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add steaks, a few at a time; shake until completely coated.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the steaks, a few at a time, and cook until lightly browned on each side. Place the browned steaks on top of the onions in the slow cooker. Pour 2 c. water over all. Cover; cook on Low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
In a bowl, whisk together the 3 gravy mixes with remaining 1 c. water. Add to slow cooker; cover and cook on Low for 30 minutes longer.
Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles. 6 servings.