Cinnamon Applesauce Bread
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted but not too hot
- ⅓ cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt low fat or fat free
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup apple peeled and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cups oat flour make your own by blending oats in a food processor or blender or you can also use whole wheat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons turbanado or brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease and a bread pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the applesauce, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and Greek yogurt until combined.
- Mix in the egg and brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Add the cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add in the chopped apple and gently fold into the mixture, careful not to overmix.
- Add the flours and stir until just combined,
- Pour into greased bread pan.
- Mix the turbanado (or brown sugar) and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the top of the uncooked bread
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted into the center comes out clean.
Add ½ cup of your favorite chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts
Add ½ cup of raisins.
Take make it vegan, omit the egg and use an additional ¼ cup of applesauce.
Use 2 cups of all-purpose flour or all oat flour if you prefer and omit the almond flour.
If you don’t have turbinado sugar, use brown sugar and cinnamon.
Use canola or vegetable oil in place of the coconut oil if preferred.
Nutritional facts are estimates and are provided as a courtesy to the reader. Please utilize your own brand nutritional values to double check against our estimates. Nutritional values are calculated via a third party. Changing ingredients, amounts or cooking technique will alter the estimated nutritional calculations.