PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME25 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME50 minutes
- tortilla chips
- ground meat
- taco seasoning
- beans of choice
- chilis or peppers
- Prepare the taco meat or protein according to your favorite method.
- Chop up all of the toppings.
- Assemble the nachos by placing a layer of tortilla chips or sliced (sweet) potato in the bottom of your foil pan or cast-iron skillet.
- Add a layer of your desired toppings, including cheese.
- Repeat the layering of chips and toppings until the pan is filled.
- Add a thick layer of cheese on the top.
- Cover the pan with a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil and crimp it around the edges.
- Place on a grate over a campfire or on a grill. Do not place it directly over an open flame or the bottom might burn.
- Cook each foil pan of nachos until the cheese is melted and toppings are cooked and tender. This will take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes give or take depending on the temperature of the fire/grill.
- Peel back the corner of the foil to check to see if the nachos are grilled to your liking.
- Pull the pan off the campfire and eat.
We love these nachos made with thinly sliced sweet potato instead of tortilla chips. How do you like your nachos? Please share a photo of yours on Pinterest or on our Facebook page.