Scotcheroos are a no bake peanut butter rice krispie treat with butterscotch, chocolate, peanut butter, & corn syrup. Sweet chewy perfection!
This Best Ever Scotcheroos recipe makes the most delicious dessert cereal bars! Perfect for your next holiday get together or school bake sale.
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
How To Make The Best Ever Scotcheroos Recipe
- Heat corn syrup and sugar in a medium saucepan. As soon as the mixture comes to a simmer, remove from heat and whisk in the peanut butter until smooth.
- (This can also be done in the microwave using a microwave safe bowl in 20 – 30 second increments, stirring in-between, until sugar is fully dissolved into corn syrup).
- Pour the peanut butter and sugar mixture into the Rice Krispies and mix well. Work quickly, it stiffens as it cools.
- Press the cereal mixture into a parchment lined 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Melt the milk chocolate chips and the butterscotch chips together with a double boiler, or in the microwave in 20 – 30 second increments, stirring each time, until completely melted.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture.
- Let set & cool completely before removing from pan and cutting.
Calories are automatically generated. For best results calculate based on your exact ingredients.