I love making this Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potato Casserole recipe every single year for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. There are never any leftovers at my house.
This sweet potato casserole has a pecans and brown sugar for a crunchy topping. No marshmallows in this recipe! It’s a very easy Thanksgiving side dish to throw together.
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
1/4 cup butter (melted)
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (can use canned to save time, just drain)
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs (well beaten)
1/2 cup butter, melted (1/2 cup)
1. Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
4. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
5. Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.