This hearty dish of żeberka w kiszonej kapuście brings two of our favorite things, cabbage and pork, together to make a stick-to-your-ribs kind of dinner, perfect for a cool fall or winter evening.
- 1.5 lbs / 700 g of pork ribs
- 6 oz / 170 g of thick cut smoked bacon
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbs of cooking oil
- 2 small onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbs of all purpose flour
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans / about 1 kg of sauerkraut*
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp of thyme
- 5-6 allspice and peppercorns – whole
- 3 bay leaves
- Wash and dry ribs. Cut into 1 bone sections. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside. In the meantime, cut bacon into cubes, chop onion and peel and mince garlic. Heat oven to 350°F / 180°C.