Polish cheesecake made with twaróg (aka farmer’s cheese).
- 250g butter, room temperature
- 1,3 kg full-fat or half fat curd cheese, minced at least twice
- 10 large eggs, whites and yolks separately
- 450g caster sugar
- 6 Tbsp semolina (Polish – kasza manna)
- 40g custard powder (Polish – budyń)
- seeds from 2 vanilla pods + 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup double cream (30% fat)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup your favorite dried fruits (raisins or candied orange peel)
Beat butter until light and fluffy. Add curd cheese slowly, still beating.
In a separate bowl beat egg yolks with sugar till creamy and white. Add to cheesecake mixture and mix just to combine.
Please continue to Next Page (>) for the full cooking instructions.