One of our absolute favorite game day recipes! These Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are literally melting in your mouth magical bites of happiness. So much flavor, melted cheese. Perfect for ANY get-together and seriously the perfect party food!
- Yield: 12 Sliders
- Prep time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Total time: 40 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lb thin slices of fondue beef
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 large spoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grated provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 4 submarine buns of 23 cm
- Iceberg lettuce, minced to taste
- Salt and pepper
Step 1. Put the grill at the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to the broiler.
Step 2. In a great skillet over top heat, roan the meat in the oil, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Salt and pepper. Reserve on a plate.
Step 3. In the same skillet, brown the mushrooms, and onion. Add more oil as needed. Salt and pepper. Return the meat to the pan. Add the broth, sauce and mix well. Adjust seasoning. Sprinkle with cheese and let it melt. Remove the pan from the heat.
Step 4. Open the breads and place them flat on a baking sheet. Toast the buns in the oven on every part.
Step 5. Place each loaf on a plate. Top with lettuce and top with meat mixture. Drizzle with the cooking juices.