Nothing says summer like Peel n’ Eat Shrimp, and they’re as easy to make as they are fun to eat. Here, I’ve prepared them Maryland-style: simmered in beer and Old Bay with homemade cocktail sauce on the side. To complete the menu, try serving them with crab cakes, and Chesapeake Corn, Tomatoes, and Basil.
Simmered in beer and Old Bay, these Peel n’ Eat Shrimp are as easy to make as they are fun to eat.
FOR THE SHRIMP
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup water
- 2 pounds extra large shrimp (26-30 per pound), shell split and deveined, thawed if frozen
FOR THE COCKTAIL SAUCE
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon prepared horseradish (best quality, such as Boar’s Head or Ba-Tampte)*
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
For The Full Recipe & List Of Ingredients Please Go To Next Page (>)