Definitely a big hit!! I admit that the taste of this pie is absolutely extraordinary!! My wife and I run a restaurant and we have used this recipe as one of our desserts. Everyone raves about it!
WHAT YOU NEED :
– 1 cup of pecan halves
– 1 basic pie crust, unbaked
– 1 egg + 3 egg whites
– 1 cup of light corn syrup
– 1/3 cup of packed dark brown sugar
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/8 teaspoon of salt
1. First, roll out the pie crust dough to a 12-13-inch circle on a floured surface.
2. Next, you may fit the dough into a 9-inch pie pan, pressing to fit and crimping the edges to form a rim.
3. Then please freeze the dough for about 20 minutes.
4. Now, please preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Combine together the egg, egg whites, corn syrup, vanilla, sugar, brown sugar, and salt in a large bowl; mix well. Afterward, stir in the pecan halves and pour the mixture into the pie shell.
6. Make sure to bake for about 25 minutes, then tent loosely with aluminum foil.
7. Once done, bake until the tip of a knife inserted 1-inch from the edge comes out clean, about 15-20 more minutes.
8. Finally, let cool on a wire rack and enjoy.