Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert loved by many. This variation with Limoncello adds a refreshing citrus twist to the traditional Tiramisu. Here’s how to prepare it:
- 250g Mascarpone cheese
- 250ml heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 100g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml strong brewed espresso, cooled
- 3 tbsp Limoncello liqueur
- 24 ladyfingers
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Fresh berries (e.g., strawberries or raspberries), for garnish (optional)
1. Mix egg yolks and sugar:
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture becomes pale and creamy.
2. Add Mascarpone:
- Add the Mascarpone cheese and vanilla extract to the egg yolk-sugar mixture and mix well until you get a smooth cream.
3. Whip the cream:
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.
4. Fold in the cream:
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the Mascarpone mixture until well combined. Be careful not to overmix to keep the mixture airy.
5. Prepare espresso and Limoncello:
- Prepare the espresso and let it cool. Then, stir the Limoncello into the espresso.
6. Soak the ladyfingers:
- Briefly dip the ladyfingers into the espresso-Limoncello mixture, ensuring they’re lightly soaked but not too long to avoid making them too soft.
- In a serving dish or individual glasses, layer soaked ladyfingers, a layer of Mascarpone cream, and optionally a layer of berries (if using), alternating until you’ve used all the ingredients. Start and end with a layer of Mascarpone cream.
- Refrigerate the Limoncello Tiramisu for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow it to set and the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, sprinkle with lemon zest and garnish with fresh berries if desired.
This refreshing Limoncello Tiramisu is a delightful twist on the classic Tiramisu, perfect for warm days or special occasions. Enjoy the citrusy notes and creamy texture of this dessert. Bon appétit