Our Polish Borscht recipe (Barszcz) is chock full of veggies and boasts a bright, sweet and sour flavor that makes it a perfect first course or warming meal.
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium beets, peeled and cut into 1/2 -1 inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into rounds
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 whole allspice berries
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 c beef stock (we prefer low sodium)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch salt
- Sour cream and dill (to serve)
Melt butter in a large soup pot. Add onion and garlic and cook over medium high heat, until the onion is soft (5 min).
Please continue to Next Page (>) for the full cooking instructions.