These delicious, fluffy cream cheese cookies MELT in your mouth and have the most delightful flavor; perfectly sweet with a nice tang from the cream cheese and a hint of vanilla.
I love everything with cream cheese from Carrot Cake to Red Velvet Cupcakes and Homemade Red Velvet Cake so it will come as no surprise that I am OBSESSED with these cookies. So soft, like clouds and the flavor is just on point, not too sweet, just right with lovely notes of cream cheese and vanilla.
DO THEY NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
This type of cookie can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for two days. Things with lots of cream cheese like cheesecakes and baked goods with cream cheese frosting should definitely be refrigerated.
CAN YOU FREEZE THEM?
These cookies can be frozen just like other cookies. Wrap well and keep in an airtight container. I will say like all other cookies there taste best warm out of the oven.
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter ( * room temperature)
- 3 oz. Regular Cream Cheese ( * room temperature)
- 1½ Cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg ( * room temperature)
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1¾ Cups All – Purpose Flour
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and cream cheese in mixer bowl. Slowly add sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in egg, add flour, baking powder and vanilla. Mix Well.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour. Shape into 1 inch balls, and dredge in superfine sugar or caster sugar.
- Place on lined cookie sheet, spacing them about 1½ inches apart. One thing I don’t want you to skip, however, is slightly flattening the dough balls before baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges become slightly golden brown. They should look slightly under-baked (otherwise they won’t be chewy).
- Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- * If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar once cooled, but do not overdo it because they are sweet enough.
- You’ll get no less than 2 dozen cookies out of this dough. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 3-5 days.Source : allrecipes.com