The first time I ever had “Buffalo wings” I just about flipped!! What an awesome idea that lady from Buffalo, New York had!!! Ever since then, I’ve used the same concept making dips, pizzas, salads, and my latest concoction… HOAGIES! They are REALLY good!! Enjoy! 😀 (Photo by me)
Cook time: 20 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 4
4 hoagie rolls split half lengthwise through the middle
3/4 c butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 (20 ounce) bag (7 serving size) Southwestern-seasoned chicken breast strips (Tyson fully-cooked), or use rotisserie or grilled
1 bottle (1/2 cup) Frank’s red hot sauce, original or buffalo wing flavor
4 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp Sweet Baby Ray’s bbq sauce
1/2 tsp chili powder
8 slice muenster cheese, can sub mozzarella or provolone
2 c shredded lettuce
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp finely chopped celery
12 slice roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
8 Tbsp thick and chunky blue cheese dressing, more if desired
1. In frying pan combine chicken, hot sauce, 4 tbsp butter, bbq sauce and chili powder. Heat til simmering. Simmer on very low.
2. In small bowl, combine 1 1/2 sticks soft butter, garlic, and parsley. Spread insides of hoagie rolls with butter mixture (both cut sides).
3. Place open-faced on cookie sheet and broil til lightly toasted. Or 4 minutes at 400º.
4. Top each bottom half of hoagie rolls with meat mixture, (pile high), then top each with 2 slices muenster cheese. Return to oven and bake 2 more minutes.
5. Remove from oven and top each with lettuce tossed with celery, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Top each with 3 tomato slices.
6. Top each with 2 tbsp blue cheese dressing. Place on top halves of toasted hoagie rolls.
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.